Thursday, November 3, 2011

The Last Day of Vacation [Within a Vacation]

Woke up a little too early my last day in Venice/Italy. I did have to wait for the bathroom (think sharing a room with 8 other girls and only one bathroom…) I got all my stuff ready to go and then met up with Clay. We ate breakfast at a café. The light was hitting these columns fantastically…

Beautiful light during a Venice morning.

Then we basically wandered around Venice. It’s just a fantastic city! And the company was great. We literally just talked all day…walking over canals and around the narrow streets. I haven’t met too many people in my life that I can just talk to for a long time when I first meet them. But I could with him. It was nice. Really nice. We did finally seek out another Carlo Scarpa building. But it was closed. But I had a ton of fun wandering!! Then we grabbed lunch and I went to the airport.

I then proceeded to spend the next twelve hours either in the airport, standing in line at the airport or on a plane. By the time I was flying from Rome to Barcelona I was so tired I even slept through the snacks! (This is normally unheard of for me!!) At 2 am I landed in Barcelona and I was so tired that I barely registered that I’d missed Halloween. Italy was better!

**Update: Clay stayed in Venice and is now working at that hostel. I am SUPER jealous!!!**

And just to fill you in on this week. I got back and had to finish off midterms. This consisted of giving a 10 minute presentation on a reading in Spanish, as well as finish a digital model, build a physical model and then present said project. Cram! Cram! Cram! But it’s over!!! And even better…I realized I have about 6 months of school left…as in forever!!! [ignoring grad school as an option since it’s currently out of the picture for the next couple of years!] and I only have two more finals seasons and one midterms season!

So I am back in Barcelona. Have to rest a little and then dream up an adventure for tomorrow…I think the Barcelona Pavilion is begging for a visit…

The big plaza at night. I just stumbled upon in it in my wanderings.

A gorgeous canal...note the colored stucco!

Me and my cowboy boots! 2 countries, 7 cities and counting! 

 The cliche Venice image. So much more magical in person.

3 comments:

  1. Love the cowboy boots Miss Teka! -Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, Venice looks AMAZING! I vote we start saving for a trip to Italia together :) -Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes please! italy it is!!! -teka

    ReplyDelete