Monday, November 7, 2011

From One Mountain to the Other

Oh my! I have been slacking! It seems I neglected to fill in much since Venice. Luckily I had a full weekend and lots of pictures to prove it! So a quick update on school. After making it through the midterm season, I have survived (obviously, since I am writing this). And as a result I had very little homework to do this weekend. So I hit the museums. I bought a discount pass that gets me into seven of Barcelona’s best museums and have been working my way through them… A quick recap of all I did this weekend in Barcelona.

Friday:
-- Wandered around looking for pancakes for breakfast after sleeping in to my last alarm and rushing off to class. Found waffles, but they were out. Settled for crepes.
-- Discovered multiple crepe and waffle locations in another part of the city. Continued to wander in the artisan shops.
-- Went to Museu Picasso, which focuses on his early work, especially his time in Paris and Barcelona. Was very inspiring since he seemed more real. Also made his early painting I’ve seen in Washington D.C. make more sense. Enjoyed his blue period.
-- Hit up my favorite sandwich stand. Almost as good as Glenwood’s Charcoalburger!
-- Rested before heading to a friend’s. One of the girls cooked 10 of us an amazing Greek dinner at another kid’s house. Company and food were amazing. It felt like our own version of Thanksgiving, albeit early.

Saturday:
-- Slept in until had to head toward the mountain for hiking.
-- Hiked in the rain for an hour to the top.
-- Ate fried onions, cooked in an open fire. Also wine, lamb, sausages, veggies, tomato bread that is amazing. (I have a recipe I should put up) and cream puffs. If I wasn’t so cold it would have been great. But it made it even more memorable.
-- Executed a superb group organization to squeeze 15 of us onto the Fernicular with only a 5 second door opening.
-- Took a hot shower and became a recluse (aka catching up on a season of Gossip Girl, the only TV show I watch/cram in once a year)

Sunday:
-- More recluse…my Senora begins to worry.
-- Invited to Caixa Corum and accept. Drag self out of warm bed into rain. Well worth it. GREAT science museum. VERY hands-on and I learned a lot.
-- Do some Christmas shopping in the museum gift shop.
-- Enjoy a fantastic Japenese dinner with my Senora and her friend. Very entertaining.

Monday:
-- Go to school. Due to tour of Montjuic (the mountain by the sea, opposite of the mountain for the rest of the weekend) I have class straight through from 9 am to 5:30 pm.
-- Rest and finish the Da Vinci Code…all the references to Paris makes me even more excited! But we’re going to Valencia this weekend!

 Barcelona from the hill opposite of the sea...in the pouring rain. :P


The amazing tomato bread...I have a recipe for it...

RAWR! 


Learning about light and color...or it's just fun. Sophia and I doing a high-five. 


I can't remember what this was teaching, but it was so cool I'm sure it was important! 

 The dizzying ramp that is Guggenheim-esque.


Yeah, we just walked past THE Barcelona Pavilion!

A view of Plaza Espanya.

Calatrava's Tower...and the beginning of Starchitecture.

A view from the botanical gardens...but really my math doodles come to life!

No comments:

Post a Comment