Thursday, October 6, 2011

Going to Madrid!

As we all know, bullfights are controversial. That’s why I have to go to one. Nothing is more fun than a little controversy! (This really isn’t sarcastic, either. I do enjoy a good argument; albeit a civilized one). Today is Thursday. I decided yesterday to go to Madrid this weekend. You see, it’s actually very simple. I had no clue until last week that the bullfighting season ends. But it does. In October, actually. And as you all know, I am frugal. So I wouldn’t miss a pre-paid trip like next weekend’s…and with this weekend and next being the only two fights left…well I had no choice, really. I have to go to Madrid this weekend. So to Madrid I go! Alone, unfortunately. I thought Lane might have gone with me, but he decided against it. I have a flight, a hostel and bullfight tickets. I fly out Saturday morning, but won’t get back until Monday morning just in time to go to class. A little crazy, but worth it. I also have a studio deadline/pinup Monday. So I have been working non-stop to get that done before I leave. It’s actually doable. I have all my concept models built, except for this one that I need to finish, but it’s just folding and coloring! Tee hee!

Tomorrow I am doing a grand tour of Barcelona…as homework. My teachers have assigned me so many places to visit as homework that it is basically going to take me all day to visit them all (2 weeks worth…). I’d better get on this model…BUT WAIT! I started my internship this week! It is with an architecture firm called domingo farre. It is a very small firm, with a maximum of ten people…but I’ve only seen four. Tuesday I made revisions to a remodel project in AutoCAD. Which was fine…a little difficult since I don’t know AutoCAD. But I’m sure I will soon! Today I spent the entire four hours making a photo montage in Photoshop. I am sure all of my architecture friends will appreciate the tediousness of this. I have often wished that I myself had an intern to do this for me…oh karma. I do enjoy it a lot, since I have a grasp of the overall project. I feel as if I am contributing to minor details in the project. I wonder if we’ll start construction while I’m here…

Anyways, the week has been full of homework and what not. We did go to a wonderful photography exhibition by Joan Colom. He took photographs in the 50’s and 60’s of El Raval, a part of BCN. They are very interesting in that he tried to be sneaky when taking them. But very cool. We also saw the vault! But the fun part was next class when we got to take our own photographs…these are the four I am bringing to class…my theme was "forgotten".





I will write again when I return from Madrid…if I ever return from Madrid…just kidding!

No comments:

Post a Comment