Friday, October 7, 2011

Flea Market Finds!!

Hello…I know I said I wouldn’t write…but I went to the flea market today. Sadly, this is my first time EVER at a flea market! I’m not sure how I’ve never been… But now I have!!! And it is AWESOME!!! (Hence excessive use of capitals/exclamation marks!!!) The best way I can describe it is a massive garage sale that is also a thrift store. Luckily I have been well trained in both of these areas. Actually, let’s say I’m a thrift store/garage sale expert! (Oh! And don’t forget dumpster diving! My senora also does this and found a great set for the bathroom the other day! This is why it’s fun living with a designer.) Anyways, after I got over the initial shock of how many different booths there were, I started hunting.  And this is what I found…

A charm to add to my bracelet…I think a fan actually does describe Spain quite well!

 The Eiffel tower, a little pre-Paris souvenir. I have a collection of little buildings as well…

Wonderful fabric to make a clutch! This idea has been in my head for two years now. I was waiting for fabric. The base is in Colorado.


A couple buttons...probably for the clutch, but I use these to add glam to everything.

 A table runner that is perfectly my style! You can add silver napkins to my Christmas list!

I also acquired another ring, but forgot to take a picture of it. Oh well! The best part is that I basically spent no more than $8 on all of this stuff. I may have to start going every week! Sunday I’m hitting up Madrid’s flea market as well. My hostel is right next to it, too! Yay!!! And this counted as school work, since I used as a precedent for my market. I also toured Diagonal Mar. This was a new development of a bunch of high rises with a park in the middle. Magda, my City and Visual Culture professor, used this as an example of a poor public space. I do have to agree after visiting…it seemed so exclusive I couldn’t even find the entrance! But it definitely has the best playground of Barcelona…so good I had to play on one in particular for at least ten minutes…here is a video of it! (you make have to go to the actual blog to view this...)


And now I’m doing all my homework so I don’t have to worry about it this weekend in Madrid. I’m a little nervous doing this all on my own…but I know I can handle it! So here goes! Toast to becoming a world traveler!




No comments:

Post a Comment