Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Short List

Hello all! So this last week has been kind of rough…So we’re going to keep this brief…

[10] ‘Low’lights of the week:
1. Writing a 3-5 page paper assigned a week before it’s due.
2. Which is also in Spanish.
3. Already having a 10 page paper due.
4. Which is also in Spanish.
5. Doing a 20 minute presentation on this paper.
6. Which is also in Spanish.
7. Trying to catch up in Studio for midterms.
8. After getting the lowest studio grades of your life.
9. Feeling like you can’t manage your time.
10. And having two tests on the same day most of its due.

[10] Highlights of the week:
1. Touring Mariscal’s studio.
2. Finding this studio is just like what you want your’s to be…one day.
3. Finding your favorite childhood book, 101 Dalmatians in his library.
4. Finding out he designed the ‘controversial’ Olympic mascot in ’92.
5. Stumbling upon his sculpture the next day.
6. Finding the most amazing stationary/office store ever…two blocks away.
7. Discovering a closer grocery store.
8. Making a quesadilla.
9. Chocolate-filled Croissants…wait this is every week!
10. Just enjoying being in Barcelona!
11. Having a day off from work (going to the Barcelona Pavilion by Mies Van derRohe now!)

I also have had several requests for more explanation of what my life is like here. I will do a ‘day in the life’ soon….but in the meantime here is somewhat of an idea…

The doors are always funky...I have to turn my key to the left and pull in at the same time...It took practice! 
I live on the 5th floor...but Spain numbers weird so it's really the sixth or seventh floor.
Keys are always funky. Mine are the most modern...I'd hate to be a locksmith here! 
My metro stop is literally 6 doors down and across the street! 
The view looking down the street...I walk down here to my internship...and the direction of CIEE (school). 
The elevators are almost always awesome! Our doorman shines it every day! 
 Our living room....Marina has a mix of dumpster diving finds and designer furniture (which I think I omitted here, oops!)
The view from that living room window. 
Guadi building #1....this is how I learned to navigate to school. 
Palm trees are everywhere! ...and it rocks! 
The view of Barcelona....super accurate! 
 Tiago comes and plays with my teddy bear and pillows every night before bed.
He also walks around saying, "Teka! Teka! Teka!".......ALL day long ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment