Sunday, September 25, 2011

3.46 miles (approximately)

I have very little to report for this weekend. It rained here. It’s nice, but it cancelled the human castle building (don’t worry! We have a makeup on Tuesday). But since it rained all day Saturday, I literally didn’t leave the house. This was amazing! I feel refreshed (which has to be in part due to my two hour nap, but whatever). But I made up for it by walking all over the city today. I walked from Placa Cataluyna to el Barrio Gotico to La Rambla del Raval in the Barrio Raval to Plaza de Glories. I made a map just so we can see how far it was…just click on the link below to see. It was 3.64 miles as the crow flies (which is impossible here.)




In other words, I did a lot of walking. I did see some of the Castelleros but the crowd was ridiculously large. It was much more fun when we were practicing and got to go out in the street or help support the base. I also stumbled upon some traditional dancing, which I tried to show in this photo…
The traditional Catalan dance (check out the empanadas).

It’s a fairly simple step, it appears. But the time and intricacy of the dance makes it quite difficult. Or at least it looks like it. I then spent a large portion of time doing my homework. Which means I read one reading in a shady spot and then walked some more. Repeat. And part of my homework was visiting Placa de l’Angeles and La Rambla del Raval. I also had to go to my site from studio to visit and take more photos. Considering all that was accomplished, 3.64 miles seems fairly reasonable, actually.

 This is my study spot for the day...a beautiful courtyard with wonderful arches!

For those of you who know my “secret” (the fact that I love weddings) it somehow came up with my Senora. I met her novio tonight. It was a lot of fun, actually. But somehow weddings came up and he told me the name of two good wedding shops: Rosa Clara and Pro Novias, both from Turkey. My senora is very fun. She acts as if we are the same age, but she really has it all together. I am going to cook her pancakes this weekend. It should be fun. But as for now…I better go finish my homework. Almost done, but I have an essay to edit, two summaries of readings to jot down and a to-do list to make for studio tomorrow so I don’t waste my time… Tomorrow we’re going to a Mexican restaurant to celebrate my 22nd birthday!!!! Marina picked a song to play tonight and chose Birthday by the Beatles. It was bittersweet since my family has a tradition of playing that song at every birthday. It was strange she chose that, but nice as well. But it made me miss my family a lot, too. I have an interview Tuesday with an architect in Gracia that I am very excited about! I’ll let you know how it goes! Hasta luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment